- Project Objective - Reducing the drivers of forest degradation and Up-lift the existing income generating systems by using and conserve the knowledge of indigenous people related to sustainable management of forest
- Project location –
Province District D.S. Division G.S. Division Uva Badulla Mahiyanganaya Dambana Easten Ampara Dehiaththakandiya Nawa-Medagama
• Number of beneficiaries - 125
• Project start and end dates - Start - 2015.08.21 - End - 2017.02.21
• Donates by – UNDP GEF/SGP
• Main activities –
1. Distribution of 3000 plants, 1500 water conservation pots and 125 wheel barrows.
2. workshops related to making of utility items from pun and kirindi seeds
3. Organizing a training program for nursery management and Establishment of 02 net houses and Kotabakiniya and Henanigala.
4. Training program for making (Bio-cha), steam rice and Distribution of the Equipment’s related to making Bio-cha and steam rice
5. Traditional Food stall
6. Preparing a documentary related traditional values of indigenous community and life style.